Sunday, June 17, 2012 is Father’s Day. As you know, Father’s Day is one of my favorite days of the year. A day off of work including “No Yard Work” is just heavenly. Someone else running the grill for dinner is wonderful as well. Even Dads like to be pampered – once in a while!
Generally, I’m not one to who’s particularly interested in extravagant gifts. However, just in case… here’s a list of potential items that fits any of your budgets:
- Anything from Apple – Virtually every device with an “i” in front of it from Apple is on my hit list of wants, needs, and loves. The new Apple TV seems really cool. There are also dozens of accessories from iPad covers to Bluetooth interconnects.
- Android phones and tablets. Not for me, but some other Dads really like them.
- Even with my iPad, a Kindle book reader is also a great gift and quite inexpensive. Kindles are fabulous for reading out in bright sunlight.
- eBooks – Amazon, Apple, and Google all have them.
Kitchen Stuff – No, I’m not advocating that I do MORE cooking. However, when (if) it’s my turn:
- Knives and knife sets…the sharper the better
- Immersion blenders. Regular blenders are so 1970s!
- Grill sets – I really like the ones with remote temperature sensors.
- T-Shirts and sunglasses – I can’t have enough of either
- Lawn and Garden Equipment
- New tools
And for that REALLY Special Gift - I can dream!
- Porsche Carrera 4S Convertible – (not a model)
- New Boat
- My personal favorite – Eclipse 550 personal jet
Choose well. Have fun and thanks.