The response to the Covid-19 outbreak in the US and around the world has been unprecedented. For practical purposes, nowhere has been spared. For highly dense population centers, such as New York City, the health care issues are daunting with many cases of the virus. And although the percentages of infected, hospitalized, and patients requiring ICUs are not way out-of-line with what has happened elsewhere, the sheer numbers are large and can be frightening.
Our community, while not spared, has hunkered down, and socially distanced ourselves pretty well. Cayuga Medical Center created a drive-thru Covid-19 testing center at the Shops at Ithaca Mall in coordination with the Tompkins County Health Department. There is capacity to perform about 500 tests each day for those showing symptoms or possible exposure. The turn-around of test results has sped up somewhat as well. As of this writing only two patients are currently hospitalized and no deaths due to Covid-19 have occurred locally.
The Computing Center is considered an essential business because of our work in supporting essential businesses in our community. We are allowed to maintain in-house operations.
To be clear, we are doing this with virtually our entire staff operating remotely. Only a small skeleton group that handles product logistics and in-house repair are reporting to work.
- Our entire engineering staff is working remotely.
- Our technicians are working remotely and coordinating with engineers as necessary.
- We are able to do in-house repairs of computers and printers for essential services clients. We're doing this by bringing in techs in-house only as absolutely necessary.
- We have printer consumables (inks and toners) in stock and can deliver them locally to essential services companies and their remote staff homes. We use our own logistics people and drop shipments to do so.
We are able to assist essential services organizations and those non-essential businesses and organizations with remote support and product logistics:
- Remote equipment setup, management & security
- Provide additional remote licensing as necessary
- Technical support personnel – working remotely with your technical staff.
- We can supplement or be your technical support staff.
- Provide computer products coordinate printer consumables sales, delivery and logistics
- Provide Repair Services – we can pick-up and deliver
- Onsite work – this will need to be carefully coordinated.
Call us: 607-257-3524 8am to 5pm M-F.
Outside of regular hours call:
607-279-5528 Mary Stazi, Computing Center's CEO
607-592-2449 Computing Center's Service and Support Coordinator.
We'll figure out the best way to meet your needs. Email works too: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help you!
We WILL get through this.